EthicalGEO Video Challenge Rules and Prizes
- Anyone 18 years or older is eligible to enter so long as you are a citizen/resident of Canada, Mexico, or the United States.
- To be considered for selection as an American Geographical Society (AGS) EthicalGEO Fellow, you must upload a video no longer than three minutes showcasing your big idea and why you should be selected as one of seven AGS EthicalGEO Fellows.
- Entries must respond to the themes outlined in the FAQ section of EthicalGEO website.
- Entries may use any narrative and technical style, including documentary, fiction, live action or animation. If you are using a poem, short story, photo, piece of music, painting, or mural, the applicant must utilize a video format to convey the submission.
- Each applicant may submit only one entry.
- Entries must be in English or have English subtitles. Applicants may use an online translation tool such as translate.google.com to create the English text. Most video editing software includes a titling tool, but free titling software is also available on the Internet.
- In order to submit an entry for the video challenge, an applicant must register on the EthicalGEO website with a valid e-mail address.
- Entries must be submitted to the EthicalGEO website by September 9, 2019 at 11:59pm EDT.
- Once a video is submitted to the EthicalGEO Video Challenge it is considered final and may not be modified or edited.
- All entries will be considered submitted under an open license, explicitly allowing AGS to repurpose the entries, with proper citation, to advance the causes of the EthicalGEO initiative.
- No entries will be returned.
The full PDF version of the Video Challenge rules are available here: Official EthicalGEO Video Challenge Rules
- Seven (7) entries will be selected as AGS EthicalGEO Fellows, each to receive $7,500 to work on their respective ideas
- All EthicalGEO Fellows will participate in the AGS Geography 2050 conference in November 2019 and a follow up event in mid-2020